Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
arighttouch
New Contributor

HA MGMT different DC's

Hi, im trying to setup a HA cluster between 2 1000D's running 5.6.5.

each FW is in a seperate data centre and has a dedicated heartbeat connection - and that bit works fine, what im struglling with is the MGMT interfaces when i join up the cluster.

data center 1 has a management network of 172.1.1.0 /24 and data center 2 uses 172.1.2.0/24

i have tried using MGMT1 in site 1 and MGMT2 in site 2 but that doesnt work.

how do i get HA setup but have MGMT access to both devices on their respective MGMT IP's?

thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
neonbit
Valued Contributor

When you configure HA you can dedicate an interface as a management interface (in the HA settings page). Enabling this will ensure that interface IP address does not get sync'd between devices. So you could enable MGT1 as a management interface for both devices then configure each one's IP address individually.

arighttouch

neonbit wrote:

When you configure HA you can dedicate an interface as a management interface (in the HA settings page). Enabling this will ensure that interface IP address does not get sync'd between devices. So you could enable MGT1 as a management interface for both devices then configure each one's IP address individually.

as in the "management interface reservation" ? i dont see the mgmt interfaces listed in there :(

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors