Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Tim_86
New Contributor III

Admin Profile specific VDOM, no SMTP server configured

Hi everybody,

Small question, we've setup an "Admin Profile" for a specific admin-user which points to a specific VDOM (not global).

This admin-users needs to have the ability to change e-mailaddresses for the local users in the VDOM.

In global the SMTP has been configured and works, (you cannot setup a SMTP per VDOM so it uses the global settings).

When I login as the "global admin" I'm able to change these e-mailaddresses for the created users in the specific VDOM.

If I login with the "Admin Profile" for the specific VDOM, it tells me a "SMTP has not been configurered" so I can't change an e-mailaddress, it's greyed out with an exclamation mark.

But as a global admin I can.. why the error while SMTP works for the VDOM..

Did I miss something?

Kind regards,

Tim 

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

We don't have the problem with 5.6.6. The FGT sends alert email to an SMTP server, and tested with a VDOM admin user. The account profile for the account has Read-Write privilege on "User & Device". And I could change email address of a local user under "config user local".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

We don't have the problem with 5.6.6. The FGT sends alert email to an SMTP server, and tested with a VDOM admin user. The account profile for the account has Read-Write privilege on "User & Device". And I could change email address of a local user under "config user local".

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors