Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
VonErik
New Contributor

Fortigate100D Vlan subinterface not getting internet packet

Hi Everyone, Im just new here and also first time using Fortigate100D. we are using the foritgate to our VSAT.

Basically, wan port of the firwall is connected to our VSAT router. Port 1 is connected to our core switch. Now I created a VLAN under interface port1. I named the VLAN "KEI" with VLAN ID 61. We have other VLANS under port 1 like PUBLIC for our public internet and its working fine. I just created a separate VLAN for our client network.

I also created and address range

after that i created a Ipv4 policy as shown below:

Now after creating the VLANS i noticed that is not getting any internet packets?  is there any configuration i missed. And since the firewall is connected to our core switch, i also created a VLAN 61 on the switch to get DHCP from the VLAN 61 on the firewall but the device is not getting any IP address.

Hopefully someone can assist and point me to right direction. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
sw2090
Honored Contributor

You might have to have look on who does the vlan tagging.

Packets going to the vlan fromout the FortiGate are always tagged in that vlan.

Packets going from you client to the vlan have to be tagged by the client or the switch it i connected to.

Also this has to go through all switches between your Core switch and client correctly.

If there is umanaged switches between core and client you would have to do the tagging on your client or set the port on the core switch where your clients packets come in to be untagged (i.e. tagged by the switch) in that VLAN. However that would isolate that port from all other network traffic then.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors