Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
semod
New Contributor

Unable to Boot FortiWifi 61E

Hello,

We have a FortiWifi 61E and have problems with booting it after a we format the system.

Now we tried to upload and install new firmware with a TFTP Server but the Server can't connect and just gets a timeout.

When we try to ping the TFTP Server from Fortigate Managment Console we get an answer. Also the other way round.

Does anyone have a solution for this kind of problem?

3 REPLIES 3
sw2090
Honored Contributor

As on all FortiNet Systems formatting the boot device will wipe your firmware. So uploading a new one is mandatory in this case. 

From FortiGates I remember they allow tftping only on a certain port or something like that...

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

On a 200D that I am configuring, I am showing the MGM port to be the default image download port.  On the 61E, I assume it may be port1, but you should check. 

Currently using Open TFTP installed on my test bench computer, so I have to disable the firewall before the image can be downloaded.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Boot menu might be different from model to model. But most of them should have option to change the image download port. Pinging in normal mode wouldn't confirm if the server is reachable when it's in boot menu. There was a ping test option in the boot menu if I remember correctly.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors