Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
STY
New Contributor

File System Check Recommended on Fortigate 100D

Hi everyone ,

I use device fortigate 100d v5.4.0,Build11011. Now it alert message like this "File System Check Recommended The last reboot was triggered by a power disruption. It is strongly recommended that you check file system consistency before proceeding. Note: The device will reboot and scan during startup. This may take up to 10 minutes. Reboot and check File system Rremind me later " when i login on web browser .

If click I reboot and check filesystem what happen on it?

After reboot does it work as normal  or any problem?

regards,

thong y

2 REPLIES 2
Markus
Valued Contributor

Hi Thong Yes, you can click reboot and check filesystem. This is recommended after power outage. The device will work normal after reboot and the message disappears. Best Markus

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
sw2090
Honored Contributor

once you click reboot and check your FGT will to right what it says. It will reboot and perform a filesystem check on its internal filesystem. Afterwards it will start up normally. Exept if there occured too much filesystem corruption/errors. In this case you will loose you data because you will have to format boot partition and tftp a new firmware image.

However this is worst case and didn't happen here within the last 5 yrs (exept once case but that was a hardware failure (faulty flash rom)).

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors