Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
flyinstar
New Contributor

Forward same port to different IP destination

Hello,

I just have a little question, i would like to forward same port to multiple destination IP.

Exemple from WAN1 to 192.168.1.100 and 101

- PORT 50001 forwarding to ip 192.168.1.100 (destination ip).

- PORT 50001 forwarding to ip 192.168.1.101

I can create Virtual Ip for the first port forwarding. If i create a second virtual ip to the second IP destination i have this message :

A duplicate entry already exists.

Can you help me please ?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Markus
Valued Contributor

Hello and welcome to the forums.

This is not possible with VIPs. You have either to use load balancing or other ports. Best

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
ede_pfau

This would be called 'mirroring' as the device would have to duplicate the traffic in order to forward it to 2 destinations. How would the reply traffic be routed? To the first, or to the second address?

IMHO your plan needs rethinking. As posted, this is not doable - in FortiOS, or any other firewall.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
flyinstar

Thank you for your responses.

Yes, maybe the best things is to configure differents ports for each IP. I my case, this is 2 Servers not configured by me, the installator give me this recommandations. I ask him to change port on one server :)

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

If need be, you can leave the internal port as they are, only changing one of the ports on the "outside"

e.g.

- PORT 50001 forwarding to ip 192.168.1.100:50001 - PORT 50002 forwarding to ip 192.168.1.101:50001

flyinstar wrote:

[...] I ask him to change port on one server :)

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors