Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sanu
New Contributor

Login Credentials to access Internet

Dear Friends,

I have a 80C firewall , i would like to know whether it is possible to enable a log in mechanism by which i can allocate usernames and passwords through my fortigate firewall to each user, so that only valid credentials will be able to access the internet and the others will only limit to LAN access.

Image is attached to the post for your reference

If can then please teach me how ?

many thanks in advance

Regards,

SANU

san
san
4 REPLIES 4
sw2090
Honored Contributor

Identity (in this case user or group) based policies is what you probably want :) FortiNet Cookbook has an article on this: https://cookbook.fortinet.com/creating-security-policies-60/

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
sanu
New Contributor

Hi SW,

Thanks for your reply and your comment help me a lot , i have successfully configured both User and group and i also mange to assign policy to them but i have a small issue now. Once the user has been enrolled with my policy while browsing the browser is rerouting me to a log in page where i did log in using my credentials as created but after that the browser is bring me to another page where i am getting the following message. I am not so sure what it is all about. Please have a look and advise.

I following the instructions as well and installed a Fortinet software which was attach to the message but the result is still same.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Endpoint Security Required

The use of this security policy requires that the latest FortiClient Endpoint Security software and antivirus signature package are installed.

Please make sure:

[ol]
  • FortiClient is installed and running,
  • FortiClient is registered with FortiGate and currently in "online" status, and
  • the "Disable configuration sync with FortiGate" option in FortiClient settings is turned off.[/ol] Installing FortiClient requires that you have administrator privileges on your computer. If you do not, please contact your network administrator to have FortiClient installed.

Installation Instructions for Windows:

[ol]
  • Click on the button below to download the FortiClient installer file.
  • Double-click the installer file and this will run a standard installation.
  • Follow the instructions on screen to install FortiClient.[/ol]

Please Please Please help ............................. :)

• san
    san
    sw2090
    Honored Contributor

Probably this is due to the securtiy default settings of FortiOS 5.4. and later. I had similar issuses with my dial up vpns. You might have to disable this in system->settings or where said in your screenshot.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
    sanu
    New Contributor

I figured it out already , when you set policy there is a option called "Compliant with FortiClient Profile"

which we need to disable

Any way i learned a lot from all the comments very informative thank you so much !!!!

san
    san
    Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors