Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
hide_kingsman
New Contributor

Fortigate Stuck on RAM Activation

Hi there, i got a problem with a Fortinet FortiGate 600C. My fortigate wont boot up and I try to console with putty I get FortiGate-600C (20:43-08.19.2014) Ver:04000023 Serial number:FG600C RAM activation --------------------------------------------------- Stuck on "RAM activation" and not resume to like on technical document FortiGate-200D (18:47-05.08.2013) Ver:04000006 Serial number:FG200D4613800892 RAM activation CPU(00:000206a7 bfebfbff): MP initialization CPU(02:000206a7 bfebfbff): MP initialization Total RAM: 2048MB Enabling cache...Done. Scanning PCI bus...Done. Allocating PCI resources...Done. Enabling PCI resources...Done. Zeroing IRQ settings...Done. Verifying PIRQ tables...Done. Boot up, boot device capacity: 15272MB. Press any key to display configuration menu... Is there any solution? Thanks
1 Solution
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

To all of the posters:

this is a hardware problem, and the only solution is to RMA the unit to Fortinet (FortiCare support contract required).

There was a (rare) combination of hardware revision and FortiOS version that caused a FGT-600C to completely freeze because the firmware was incompatible with the memory modules. But here, FortiOS is not yet started, it's only the BIOS/boot loader. Effectively, the FGTs are dead.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"

View solution in original post

Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
4 REPLIES 4
sw2090
Honored Contributor

To me that looks like if something is wrong with your hardware. I'd open a RMA Case with FortiNet here...

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Biftu
New Contributor

did you get a solution to this problem? I got similar issue on two of our Fortigate 90E devices.

vtfarah
New Contributor

Any news? I have the same problem.

80C
80C
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

To all of the posters:

this is a hardware problem, and the only solution is to RMA the unit to Fortinet (FortiCare support contract required).

There was a (rare) combination of hardware revision and FortiOS version that caused a FGT-600C to completely freeze because the firmware was incompatible with the memory modules. But here, FortiOS is not yet started, it's only the BIOS/boot loader. Effectively, the FGTs are dead.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors