Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tom88
New Contributor

Blocked internal traffic

Hi all,

I'm new to FortiGate, zero experience with FortiOS or other firewall brands. So sorry if this question is a very stupid one. I am trying to setup a FortiGate 60E for external access from VPN to internal network. For testing purposes I want to connect a computer to LAN port 1 and a NAS to LAN port 2. The issue: I cannot access of ping the NAS from my computer. What i have configured:

Interfaces: All LAN interfaces are combined into a 'Hardware Switch', DHCP and NAT are enabled.

Static Routes: One configured (0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 goes to the local gateway from my ISP).

IPv4 Policy: internal > internal: ACCEPT ALL at ALL times.

Both the computer and the NAS get a IP address from DHCP and both machines can access the internet without problem. The VPN connection also works (I can logon), but forget that for now. Getting everything working locally is the main issue at the moment (this VPN has, off course, some additional policies in place).

When I read the internet topic's they say that using a hardware switch should cover everything. But I think I am overlooking something. Thank you in advance.

Tom

3 REPLIES 3
makco10
Contributor II

Hello,

When you do a tracert from your pc to the NAS, what is the result?

Regards.

Defend Your Enterprise Network With Fortigate Next Generation Firewall
tom88
New Contributor

Hi makco10,

Thank you for the reply. A friend also gave me some tips and I found the solution (for all others in need):

I needed to delete the fysical interfaces from the 'Hardware Switch' and create a 'Software Switch'. I thought I already tried that, but not good enough, I guess...

Thank you for your reply!

makco10
Contributor II

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors