Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tanr
Valued Contributor II

Twitch Recording (instead of Twitch Viewing) Application Signature?

With FortiGate 5.6.6 I had Application Control blocking Streaming types, which included the signature for Twitch (39771).

Noticed this was not blocking people recording/streaming Twitch using OBS (Open Brodcaster Software) at all.  In fact, the logs would show the Application as "Twitch" and that it was allowed (using TCP/443), despite the Application Control profile disallowing it.

Does anybody have a signature for OBS or Twitch that might block this?

I have a partial workaround, which is blocking TCP 1935 (used for initial RTMP to Twitch servers) and blocking twitch.com by web filter, but an application signature would be great.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
anwrknana
New Contributor

"I believe that completely discarding the program is not the best solution to this issue. The program OBS contains various valuable features, so instead of discarding it altogether, we should seek a solution to the problem. Some time ago, I stumbled upon an article that discusses streaming software OBS and provides solutions to some of the most prevalent issues. I recommend reading it, as it might be helpful."

ANWAR KINANA
ANWAR KINANA
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors