Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mbg_ch
New Contributor

30E - Streaming by Bose SoundTouch stucks every 10-15 Minutes

Dear Fortinet Forum

I have replaced the old Zyxel USG by a Fortinet 30E yesterday, basically it runs fine, but listening to the internet radio by a Bose SoundTouch box hangs approximately every 10-15 minutes. When I select then the channel again at the box, the radio sound is back.

Where can I find out more informations why it hangs? 

Best regards

Martin

8 REPLIES 8
tanr
Valued Contributor II

If you're logging to memory or FortiCloud, look for log entries showing something was denied.

My guess would be that you've got an AntiVirus profile in use on the security profile for the Bose and it's catching some of the streamed music as a virus, but that's just a guess.

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

I'd rather (if I had to guess) suggest it's a session timeout of some kind. You can set the TTL for any port (service) in the corresponding policy. Not stringent though. There would be no events in the logs in this case.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
mbg_ch

Thank you for your quick replies, I don't find any entry of this device in a logfile. Tomorrow I try to set a higher TTL

Regards, Martin

tanr
Valued Contributor II

ede_pfau wrote:

I'd rather (if I had to guess) suggest it's a session timeout of some kind. You can set the TTL for any port (service) in the corresponding policy. Not stringent though. There would be no events in the logs in this case.

Hi Ede.  I hadn't thought of the TTL, which would make sense if it was happening so regularly.

I did run into something similar with a Sonos system when I accidentally left a proxy-mode AV profile on, but the timing was more random.

mbg_ch

Hi

I have changed the default value for TTL to 10000, but without any effect.

config system session-ttl
set default 10000
end

The behaviour is - I have used a stopwatch:

- 5 until 8 minutes sound

- 1 minute stop

- 5 until 8 minutes sound

- 1 minute stop

The one minute is always the same. But the time between is different.

Regards, Martin

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

I highly doubt the TTL is the issue or even the firewall imho. Do you have the same problem with another host?

Most streaming radio is  down with a  read-ahed buffer  and the  datagrams are  TCP. Example I use the  apple radio channels or  recently   vtuner and the flows are tcp-stream. Ensure  your have the security policy freed of any security-profiles and  even set a  unique fwpolicy and and monitor from that point.

http://vtuner.com/

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
mbg_ch
New Contributor

Just FYI - I have an Amazon Echo Dot up and running too, when I select the same internet radio channel for streaming  then I have no timeouts. It seems to be problem with my Bose Soundtouch system. They use both the application http.audio.

Regards, Martin

mbg_ch
New Contributor

Thank you, I will try to get more information. What I have seen that the application HTTP.audio is used. There is no special policy enabled, I have tried to allow ALL protocols, but with the same effect.

The search goes on :)

Regards, Martin

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors