Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rtegani
New Contributor

Static Routes issue using 6.0.3 Firmware

Hi guys,

I am using the new firmware version (6.0.3) and I got one issue using static route. If you already have any route to a specific GW and you try to add a new one to the same specific GW, the Fortigate shows the follow message.

"Gateway IP and interface conflict with Static Route #"

How to fix it?

Save your route using another GW IP. After that, right-click on the Route you want to change and click ">_Edit in CLI".

Run the command "set gateway 10.1.3.5", then type "end" and close the CLI Console.

Refresh your browser and you will see the result.

@Fortigate team, please provide an update to fix it up.

21 REPLIES 21
tanr
Valued Contributor II

Were you adding the new route with identical distance and priority?  If so the error would make sense, since you don't want to do that unless it's part of a specific load balancing setup.

Edit: Ignore this - I thought you said it was the same destination, not gateway.  Ede has it right.

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

No no, you can usually use the same gw and interface for a couple of routes. Imagine a dozen remote subnets behind the next router...so definitively a glitch in the GUI check.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
tanr
Valued Contributor II

You're right, Ede.  I read to fast and thought he said same destination, not same gateway.

bommi
Contributor III

Hi,

I have seen the same issue today on 6.0.3.

Regards

Dominik

NSE 4/5/7

NSE 4/5/7
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

@rtegani, @bommi: could one of you please open a support ticket so that FTNT gets aware of the problem? I don't think they regularily scan the forums to pick up bug reports. The ticket process will establish a bug and that will get fixed eventually, it's a proven process.

Thank you for making us aware of this in the meantime.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
rafiki

Hello,

Same problem here. 

Is the ticket opened?

Best regards

asdubtech

I just came across the same issue when testing an Azure VM on 6.0.3. A bit of a head scratcher until I found this post confirming the same. Works on CLI however. The documentation seems to have the wrong CLI commands for FortiOS 6 however.

jameswill

We come this and thought it was just us, but I have opened a ticket for this issue

jameswill

Confirmed as a bug by TAC,

The fix will be in FortiOS 6.0.4

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors