Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
DonD
New Contributor

Fortigate not tagging VLAN packets

I have a FortiWiFi 50E running in Interface Mode with OS ver 6.0.3. I am setting it up with two VLANS, VLAN 1 and VLAN 2. VLAN 2 packets from the Fortigate are tagged and the receiving tagging switch receives them just fine. But, apparently VLAN 1 packets from the Fortigate are not tagged, as the receiving tagging switch does not pass them. I have to remove tagging from the switch to have it pass them. I've created VLAN interfaces for both and have successfully linked VLAN 2 with its software-switch interface, as you can see the VLAN reference in the Interface Members of the software-switch.  However, I am unable to establish a similar link for VLAN 1, as I can't have both "lan" and the VLAN 1 as Interface Members at the same time. If I remove the "lan" member and include the VLAN 1 member I loose control of the GUI.

I've attached 5 relevant screenshots and wonder if someone would kindly take a look and tell me what I am doing wrong. 

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

DonD

1 REPLY 1
DonD
New Contributor

I think I figured it out. Anyway, I got it to work.

Had to leave the "Internal" interface alone (no VLAN interface for it, just the existing Software Switch with only "lan" as interface member). To be used for network maintenance, as I will assign the maintenance switch port as untagged to reach Fortigate, access points, and tagging switches.

Added the following:

- VLAN interface and SSID for FUMC_Guest

- VLAN Interface and SSID for FUMC_Staff

- Software switch for Guest that uses the Guest VLAN and SSID as interface members.

- Software switch for Staff that uses the Staff VLAN and SSID as interface members.

So, I think I'm good to go.  Just need to setup VPN, then take it to the church and see if it plays with the network there.  Will have to change some static IPs on a few devices.

Thanks anyway,

Don

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors