Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Walid_Diab
New Contributor

Dose the 4G internet able the VPN connection ?

Hello,

As we have a problem in our land line internet , so we have to get a 4G internet but our head office which located outside our country unable to connect our server thru this 4G.

While I just tested the connection speed its appears 

Download : 38 Mbps 

Upload : 19 Mbps

Do you think this speed can connect the VPN normally and enable our head office to connect our server ?

Thanks  

3 REPLIES 3
Brique
New Contributor

Same problem here. We'd like to know if we can create a site to site VPN using a 4G line on one side.

Site 1 (4G) ------> Site 2 (SDSL fix IP)

Is it possible to do this?

Best regards,

SHAKEEL
New Contributor

HI , Me too forticlient user , i m able to connect server but only heavy application not connecting which is very important for me to connect , there is any possibility to solve this issue ? 

rohitchoudhary1978

Hi,

if there is no traffic shaped on policies for vpn, applications should run very good at this bandwidth, i mean its more than enough for 2-3 users but not for the users more than that. Basically its based on data load.

But if this is about the site to site vpn, as this 4g can help only in  one sided because the ip allotted to you is not static and is dynamic. It means you can connect your branch office to headoffice but headoffice peoples cannot connect you.

Thanks

Rohit

Rohit K
Rohit K
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors