Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jiangchundi
New Contributor

FSSO Collector Agent Log says "error parsing file...TSAgentSyncID.dat"

I have one 200D (on 5.4.10), FSSO seems work well, but Collector Agent keeps logging following message:

"error parsing file header:C:\Program Files (x86)\Fortinet\FSAE\TSAgentSyncID.dat"

Is there something I should worry about?

I have installed both Collector Agent and DC Agent on two DCs (Win2012 R2) under Domain\Administator account. I have set full control permission to "Authenticate User" toward Fortinet folders and registries.

Thanks a lot.

2 REPLIES 2
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

looks like permission issue.

Try to run Collector Agent  service under Domain Admins group member account to test it.

If you do run service under restricted account, then make sure that account has full privilege on FSAE folders and registry keys (including sub-tree and folders).

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

jiangchundi

Thank you for your reply.

This is weird. The Fortinet Single Sign On Agent Service is running under the Domain\Administrator account, which is a member of Domain Admins group. And Domain Admins,Domain Users, and even Authenticated Users have Full Control permission to the following folder and registry keys, including sub-folders and sub-tree:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Fortinet\FSAE

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Fortinet\FSAE\collectoragent

C:\Program Files\Fortinet\FSAE

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fortinet\FSAE\dcagent

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors