Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
otto
New Contributor

Feature request - quarantine

I have had several users ask if the notification email for quarantined items could be change to include a few other options for the messages. Below are examples of the actions that would be offered in the email that is sent to users.

I know that some of the options below exist but Whitelist and Blacklist do not.

Click on the Deliver link to have that message delivered to your primary inbox. Click on the Whitelist link to have that message delivered to your primary inbox and that sender whitelisted. Click on the Delete link to remove that message from your quarantine.

Click on the Blacklist link to have the message removed from your quarantine and the sender blacklisted. Click on the View link to display that message in a new Message Details browser window.

Thank you,

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
dst31
New Contributor

Hi, 

I have the same problem...

These features would be very useful.

Thank's

otto
New Contributor

Is this the best way to suggest features or should this be done through the ticketing portal?

tanr
Valued Contributor II

This is really just a user forum.  To make a feature request you should directly contact your Fortinet Support/Sales Engineer.

Carl_Windsor_FTNT

Raising via your Fortinet SE is the correct way but us Product Managers do monitor the forums. 

This is something we have been asked for before but have not added for the following reasons:

>Click on the Whitelist link to have that message delivered to your primary inbox and that sender whitelisted.

We already support whitelising the sender for release messages.

>Click on the Blacklist link to have the message removed from your quarantine and the sender blacklisted.

Blocking users is of little use.  We detected the spam in this case so the system is working as expected and detecting.  Blocking the user email does little as spammers commonly use spoofed/changing addresses anyway and this email address may never be seen again.

Dr. Carl Windsor Field Chief Technology Officer Fortinet

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors