Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tedauction
New Contributor III

Onboarding - does it actually work

Hello, I see the reviews for the Smart Connect onboarding app are very poor i.e. many users complaining that it does not work well for auto configuration of a wifi SSID on their device.

What is the consensus here ? Are there users here who use the Smart Connect onboarding app with success on a wide variety of BYOD devices and operating systems ?

n.b. my initial test of it on an iPad and an Android failed, so my confidence has been dashed.

1 REPLY 1
tedauction
New Contributor III

Hello, is anyone willing to comment here ?

The big hurdle seems to be pushing down self-signed root CA and client issued certificates i.e. the cellphone operating systems block self-signed certs from being installed. At least Android seems to.

Therefore deploying an EAP-TLS SmartConnect SSID profile to a wide gamut of cellphone models seems to be impractical.

I am just after one example of a company using FortiConnect Onboarding to deploy EAP-TLS secure SSID configuration to a wide range of cellphone models using self-signed certificates ? - any takers ?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors