Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
siva3g
New Contributor

Adding bulk static routes via CLI in fortigate firewall

Kindly suggest the automatic way to add bulk static routes via CLI in fortinet firewalls.

The syntax showed in below is to add a single static route.

configure routing static

edit 1

set gateway 172.100.20.5

set distance 10

set device port2

set dst 0.0.0.0

end

end

But i have a requirement to add the automatic way to add bulk static routes via CLI from the raw data in excel/notepad with network and gateway details

Kindly help and Thanks in Advance

Cheers

Siva

2 REPLIES 2
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

hi,

and welcome to the forums.

Your task is not complicated. Write a wrapper script which translates your data into the syntax you posted. This could be DOS commands, powershell, VBA...whatever you are proficient in.

Use "edit 0" for automatic numbering. Save as a text file and import via Bulk command (System > Advanced).

You may search the forum for "bulk" to see how other members have solved this. Examples are usually for bulk import of addresses but maybe you can adapt it.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
siva3g

Thanks for your response and cracked as per your advise...thanks a lot

@echo off REM input: textfile addr.txt with IP,name,interface (one per line) REM values delimited by commas, comments start with # REM redirect output to a batch command file for uploading to a Fortigate echo config router static for /f " eol=# tokens=1-4 delims=," %%i in (addr2.txt) do CALL :oneaddr %%i %%j %%k %%l echo end goto :EOF :oneaddr echo edit %1 echo set dst %2 echo set gateway %3 echo set distance 10 echo set device %4 echo next

#SNO,Network,Nexthop,Port

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors