Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sniperkiki
New Contributor

Created new VPN connection, need some help!

Since this is my first post to this forum: Hello everyone who is reading :)

I had to "upgrade" my gateway a bit so I decided to go from Mikrotik to Fortigate 60E and I do have some problems I would like to resolve and it's about VPN connections.

This system is a bit new to me, so please do not mind if I ask something obvious.

I need to have VPN working. Currently I did it by Wizard, and I have Dialup-Windows(Native l2TP/IPSec)

I did some play-around in IPv4 Policy and managed to get users connected and to make them have access to my subnets in my network. Here come's the tricky part!

On every client who is using our VPN if I disable gateway in configuration so that internet goes over their local connection and he has just access to our office, I'm unable to access other subnets, but only the main one!

But if I enable gateway so all VPN users are going to internet over our company internet, they can see all subnets without a problem?

My problem is... how to make separate subnet, and separate DHCP server for VPN?

If you guys need any screenshots or anything I would be more then happy to post them, just... just... tell me what you need :)

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
SecurityPlus
Contributor II

Welcome to the forum! Have you contacted Fortinet support? They should be able to work with you to find a solution.
Ashik_Sheik

Provide more information and clear requirement with highlevel diagram will help forum experts to give exact solution .

Are you using site to site or remote access  SSL-VPN or IPSEC ?

Have you configured Split tunneling ?

Share VPN config ,Policy and routing configuration .

Regds,

Ashik

Ashu 

Ashu
sniperkiki

I used template:

Dialup - Windows (Native L2TP/IPsec)

Incoming Interface : wan1

Authentication Method : Pre-shared Key

Works good, users can connect everything works.

Just I want to know how to make separate DHCP server, and IP range for VPN users?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors