Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sorreisakommune
New Contributor

Problem with FortiClient and RDP

Hi,

Have some problem with servers, 2008R, 2012,R2 and 2016 with the FortiClient installed. When we try to rdp to the servers from workstation, the screen appers black, and taking long time to login. Sometimes we have to launch the virtuel servers through vcenter console when the RPD not working. When we uninstall the FortiClient problem is gone. Anyone else having this problem or other tips we can try?

Kent

1 Solution
kd007
New Contributor III

v6.0.2 was just released and this is listed as a Known Issue (bug ID #483523)

My suggestion to go back to v5.6.6 should still work for you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
swinters
New Contributor

Hi Kent,

We're experiencing the same issue.  It seems to impact Windows 7/Server 2008R2 more severely for us, but the problem still exists with Windows 10/Server 2016.  

I believe it has something to do with Real-Time Protection.  The problem goes away as soon as we disable Realt-Time Protection.  We just recently moved from Symantec Endpoint Protection to FortiClient EMS and FortiClient version 6.0.1.099 is the first version we've installed. I'm hoping this is just a bug with the latest release.  I may try to install 5.6 version of the client to see if the problem exists with an older version.

-Scott 

kd007
New Contributor III

I think this is a bug in v6.0.1. We recently started deploying this to some of our servers and have noticed this same issue in tandem with FortiClient consuming high CPU resources. Deploy v5.6.6 instead for now until v6.0.2 is released, it is stable.

SteveG
Contributor III

You sure it's FortiClient as there was a Windows update a few months back that broke RDP for us. It's easily fixed but needs manual intervention.

https://answers.microsoft...444c-b402-5dee1c0e3bee

kd007
New Contributor III

v6.0.2 was just released and this is listed as a Known Issue (bug ID #483523)

My suggestion to go back to v5.6.6 should still work for you.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors