Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
epickett
New Contributor

Fortigate 60C dropping connection to site

Good morning!

We have a Fortigate 60C in our building that controls the vpn connection to a remote site.  Firmware revision: v4.0,build5272,100625 (MR1)

Every so often, the users at that site are unable to connect to our servers.  A reboot of the 60C fixes that issue.  I have tried to find system logs hoping to shed light on why this keeps happening.  No success so far.  So I have two questions:

1 - Where/how do I configure logging capability to figure out the cause?  I've skipped several days(at one point 3 weeks) without a reboot.  So it doesn't happen EVERY day.

2 - I have another 60C that I tried to use as a replacement, but Icouldn't get the copied config file from the old one to work on it.  How would I do that?  Thanks for any assistance!

Eldred

1 REPLY 1
mahesh_secure
Contributor

Hi,

you can enable the logging system by using forticloud account. this is a free account.

but your FortiOS is too old and ma not support by forticloud.

to restore the backup to a different fortigate 60C you need to load the same OS in Fortigate 60C otherwise the backup will not load properly 

Regards Mahesh

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors