Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lgrundhoefer
New Contributor

Forticlient on Osx High Sierra

Hello, 

We have a client having trouble establishing a VPN connecting using FortiClient 6.0.1. 

The Client installs fine, I setup the account (as I have with many Windows machines..I know the Firewall side is correct). 

I click connect, and it just hangs at "connecting" and doesn't do anything else.

We tried 3 different networks, home, office, hotspot.. so I don't believe its a internal network/firewall issue there. 

I tried to install an older version of FortiClient, but it just updated to the latest version automatically. 

Are there any known issues with this version and High Sierra? Any other suggestions? 

Thanks in advance!

19 REPLIES 19
santoadi
New Contributor

I have exactly the same problem. Upon further investigation, I saw the following in system.log repeated many many times. 

Sep 7 00:17:35 --- last message repeated 27 times --- Sep 7 00:17:34 Adityas-MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.fortinet.epctrl): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 1 seconds. Sep 7 00:18:05 --- last message repeated 27 times --- Sep 7 00:18:05 Adityas-MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.fortinet.epctrl): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 1 seconds. Sep 7 00:18:27 --- last message repeated 19 times ---

The process seems to be stuck in a crash loop. It causes my battery to drain as well. 

kd007
New Contributor III

I haven't had a chance to test VPN with High Sierra using v6.0.1 however I can confirm that v5.6.6 works for us with no issues - I would suggest rolling back to this for now.

santoadi
New Contributor

There is a version 6.0.2 available as well if you go to https://support.fortinet.com/Download/FirmwareImages.aspx -> FortiClientMac -> under path / FortiClientMac/ Mac/ v6.00/ 6.0/ 6.0.2/

I have verified that this version works as well. 

lgrundhoefer

Thanks for the replies! Where can I find v5.6.6? 

kd007
New Contributor III

lgrundhoefer wrote:

Thanks for the replies! Where can I find v5.6.6? 

Do you have an account at support.fortinet.com? If so you can download v5.6.6 from there. If you don't let me know and I can get it for you.

LBM
New Contributor III

Same problem here even with 6.0.2

santoadi
New Contributor

LBM wrote:

Same problem here even with 6.0.2

Might be worth checking to make sure you have entered the correct endpoint, port number, username, and password. I was struggling with the setup until I got reminded that my IT has set up the port number to be non-standard instead of the usual 443. 

Alternatively, if your FortiGate VPN gateway has a web portal set up, you can still VPN using the web portal, although the protocol that you can invoke will be quite a bit more limited (e.g. only browsing webs, RDP, VNC, SSH) 

lgrundhoefer

I have verified my issue was resolved with 6.0.2. 

kramvan

I have the same issue with MAC High Sierra. FortiClient VPN is crashing during connection sequence.

I tried to get to the 6.0.2, but not allowed to get that in the Service portal.   Where else can I download the client 6.0.2 or older version that works 5.x?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors