Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
marco_d
New Contributor

play.google.com Webfilter

Hello all,

today my 240d cluster was crashing. I had over the last ours 340.000 blocked sessions just for play.google.com

Its okay for me that its blocked cause i have in the webfilter profile software and freeware downoad blocked. But i

am wondering what made this high amount of sessions. Was google doing some or do i have a virus in the network

that asked the clients to download from play.google.com ?

The firewall was than out of memory and it was needed to reload the cluster to get the funtktion back,

If somebody can tell me what possible happend would be great

Regards

Marco

2 REPLIES 2
tanr
Valued Contributor II

What do your webfilter logs show (Log & Report > Web Filter)?  You should be able to filter the logs to see the sources and other details.

marco_d
New Contributor

I have a nat device between fortigate and user network so i just see one IP that comes from user network. These sessions are blocked cause of the webfilter policy that blocks freware and software downloads. I checked in an other firewall that more than 200 user ip are accessing play.google.com but always the same ip 216.58.206.14 i thought that behinf play.google.com is a CDN that changes the ip addresses depending on the load.

BR

Marco

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors