Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
riaronson
New Contributor II

SSL VPN Bookmarked website not loading

We have a 200D running v6.01. I've created a SSL portal, my user can connect to it without problems. Once connected they can reach a variety of websites and other resources. The one website I've built the configuration for is the only one that doesn't work. When we click a bookmark or try to quickconnect a new tab opens in the browser, the page background changes and then there's nothing, just an empty page.

I'm not sure where to troubleshoot from. The site is hosted on a linux VM, the page loads on all the browsers we test with. Its an apache webserver connecting to a tomcat 8 application. The host's apache and tomcat logs show a connection without problems. We can use the website through tunnel mode. 

The one guess I have is there's a conflict with certificates or ciphers. The Tomcat app and the pages it presents are stubbornly ssl only. This isn't homegrown, it was written by Microfocus and recently released. I've dug pretty deep trying to get it to send unencrypted connections to the firewall, I don't want to break anything.

Any ideas on where to look? 

1 Solution
riaronson
New Contributor II

I opened a support ticket. After a lengthy investigation I was told it is a bug. I think in my environment it was from the wildcard certificate I use on the web page I’m trying to reach. The application is delivered by a tomcat app, that could also have something to do with it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
IdunnO
New Contributor

Hi there,

I wondered if you ever found out what the problem is/was? I'm having problems as well. Logging into the web portal succeeds. RDP bookmark works. PING via the connection tool works. But a HTTP/SSH/Telnet connection opens a new tab, completely blank and nothing happens. Also no connection in the FortiAnalyzer.

riaronson
New Contributor II

I opened a support ticket. After a lengthy investigation I was told it is a bug. I think in my environment it was from the wildcard certificate I use on the web page I’m trying to reach. The application is delivered by a tomcat app, that could also have something to do with it.
IdunnO

Thank you for your reply. We are currently running 8.4 and are planning to upgrade next week. So I'm hoping we're not having that problem anymore.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors