Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lunhas2k4
New Contributor II

FortiOS 6.0.1. Fortiview-sources-now not working

Hi guys,

Hopefully someone here can give me a hand. I've recently updated a Fortigate 100D to the FortiOS version 6.0.1. Activated forticloud logging which previously wasn't active. Up to then all well and good.

Attempted to use the fortiview-source-now features and I get an error.

Does anyone have an ideia of how to resolve this issue?

I've already checked and the CLI and log disk is set to enable.

Thanks in advance.

Carlitos loves firewalls

NSE4 (5.4,6.0)

NSE5 (Fortimanager 6.0, Fortianalyzer 6.0)

NSE7 (Enterprise Firewall 6.0)

Carlitos loves firewalls NSE4 (5.4,6.0) NSE5 (Fortimanager 6.0, Fortianalyzer 6.0) NSE7 (Enterprise Firewall 6.0)
3 REPLIES 3
bommi
Contributor III

Hi,

I get the same issue on an FortiGate 100D Cluster, but the version is 6.0.3.

Did you find a fix for this?

Regards

Dominik

NSE 4/5/7

NSE 4/5/7
lunhas2k4
New Contributor II

Contacted Fortinet Support, got provided a beta firmware that resolved the issue then. After that an update to the next main release when it came resolved the issue.

Carlitos loves firewalls

NSE4 (5.4,6.0)

Carlitos loves firewalls NSE4 (5.4,6.0) NSE5 (Fortimanager 6.0, Fortianalyzer 6.0) NSE7 (Enterprise Firewall 6.0)
lunhas2k4
New Contributor II

Just an update on the issue.

Apparently it occurs because the Fortigate times out on its attempt to retrieve data from the cloud, which is where I have my logs going to.

On newer versions there is a command that allows for the time-out to be extended.

# config log fortiguard setting # set ? conn-timeout FortiCloud connection time-out in seconds

This field was added on 6.2.1.

Older versions might not have this feature.

Carlitos loves firewalls

NSE4 (5.4,6.0)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors