Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
occaustin
New Contributor

60D Selected file is not compatible with this FortiGate model.

Trying to update a fortigate 60D with 5.2.10 on there. It says up to date.. obv not.

Downloaded recommended firmware files (and others to test) All report

"Selected file is not compatible with this FortiGate model."

I've tried the following versions

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi

You manged to find images not standard ones. It should be like

FGT_60D-v5-build0754-FORTINET.out

for 5.2.11. Only build number part changes depending on the patch version.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SecurityPlus
Contributor II

Specifically what model 60D are you upgrading? i.e. FortiWiFi, FortiGate, 60D, 60D 3G4G, 60D POE? What Build are you on now? i.e. 0742.

To upgrade from 5.2.10 to 5.2.13, I think that you need to upgrade 5.2.12 before upgrading to 5.2.13.

Have you used the Upgrade Path feature after logging in on the support.fortinet.com website? This gives the recommended upgrade path.

occaustin

As I said in the post, it's a fortigate. This is not an issue of the upgrade path, I have consulted the website for upgrade paths to 5.6.4, but the prescribed firmware presents the error. If you care to look at the previously included image, you will also notice that I attempted to update to 5.2.11, which failed with the same error. I presume 5.2.10 can upgrade to 5.2.11, but again, I dont have to assume, the website says so.
occaustin

Sorry, Fortigate 60D, no wifi, no POE, no MC, no 3G4G

Toshi_Esumi

You manged to find images not standard ones. It should be like

FGT_60D-v5-build0754-FORTINET.out

for 5.2.11. Only build number part changes depending on the patch version.

occaustin

OMG, you are right. I feel like an idiot. Ok, so the problem was i was downloading the wrong files. Over and over. I cant believe I kept making the exact same mistake. haha

Thanks

Alexis_G
Contributor II

You need

FGT, 60D, standard version.

Dont forget to read the release notes. Especially if you have SSL-VPNs.

I m attaching.

FGT_60D-v5-build0742-FORTINET.out

--------------------------------------------

If all else fails, use the force !

-------------------------------------------- If all else fails, use the force !
sw2090
Honored Contributor

indeed none of the firmware images your screenshot lists is valid for a simple FGT60D.

You downloaded for FGT60D POE and MC. And the rest says FGR not FGT so is not for a FortiGate!

These are all wrong. The correct one should read sometihng like FGT60D-<version>-<build>.

e.g. FGT_60D-v5-build1183-FORTINET.out would be the correct one for v5.4.8.

BTW: you only need to care about upgrade path once you already have a running config on your FGT. If it is just on factory defaults the upgrade path doesn't really matter since there is nothing to lose there then ;)

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors