Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
guilhermebrat
New Contributor

OS upgrade with multiples vdoms.

Hello,

Could not find any reference for this situation, I have a pair with Fortigates in HA, each one has  a VDOM that it is active, for example:

Master has VDOM 1 active on its unit

Slave has Vdom 2 active on its unit.

Before upgrading the firmware I assume that I need to select a master for both VDOMs and then apply the update, since the uninterruptable-upgrade feature it will perform the update on the subordinate first.

Am I in the correct path ?

1 Solution
Alexis_G
Contributor II

I dont know which FortiOS you are running, but i suppose that the Cluster might have the inteligence to handle this properly, BUT i wouldn' t count on this.

If i were you i would act exactly as you wrote down. Move all active VDOMs to one box. Then upgrade !

--------------------------------------------

If all else fails, use the force !

View solution in original post

-------------------------------------------- If all else fails, use the force !
3 REPLIES 3
Alexis_G
Contributor II

I dont know which FortiOS you are running, but i suppose that the Cluster might have the inteligence to handle this properly, BUT i wouldn' t count on this.

If i were you i would act exactly as you wrote down. Move all active VDOMs to one box. Then upgrade !

--------------------------------------------

If all else fails, use the force !

-------------------------------------------- If all else fails, use the force !
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I haven't done split active vdoms between units in a-p mode. But I would assume the upgrade process would work from the unit that has an active management vdom (default is root). I would open a TAC case to verify my assumption is correct.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

So if your doing  vcluster2 than you can set the vdom to be on any  node in the cluster and upgrade that  former active node if your worried. Once the  node comes back, you can push all of the vdom to the cluster2-node and upgrade the other nodes.

It overall very simple and no impact.

ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors