Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
KhizerSaleem
New Contributor

Difference b/w FortiGate device with and without on board storage

Hi Fortinet Fellows

I want to ask what the difference between the FortiGate device with and without on board storage?

Can we customize the FortiGate Local report?

Thanks

1 Solution
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Having an internal SSD in a xx1 model enables you to store logs locally, and not depend on a centralized FortiAnalyzer. This will enable the time period tabs on FortiView (which is confined to '5 min' without SSD).

I am not sure if it enables WAN caching at the same time but definitively as an alternative.

I personally would only consider a xx1 model below a FG-100E. The model itself is more expensive, and each and every support contract during it's lifetime. A FAZ has a lot more options, reports, ability to create reports etc. and might cost the same over a period of some years.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"

View solution in original post

Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
1 REPLY 1
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Having an internal SSD in a xx1 model enables you to store logs locally, and not depend on a centralized FortiAnalyzer. This will enable the time period tabs on FortiView (which is confined to '5 min' without SSD).

I am not sure if it enables WAN caching at the same time but definitively as an alternative.

I personally would only consider a xx1 model below a FG-100E. The model itself is more expensive, and each and every support contract during it's lifetime. A FAZ has a lot more options, reports, ability to create reports etc. and might cost the same over a period of some years.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors