Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kladda
New Contributor

VPN not working on Mac (FortiClient 6.0)

Hi!

I have a Mac running High Sierra with the latest version av FC.

When connecting to VPN it takes a couple of seconds, then the icon in the menu bar disappears and nothing happens.

If i open the console it says "connecting" and the button "Disconnect" but nothing happens even after waiting for minutes. 

I have a client that runs 5.6.0.703 and it connects without any issues.

Have tried reinstalling, rebooting etc.

1 Solution
Pittstate
New Contributor II

I realize that this is resurrecting a dead topic; however, since the best solution here was "uninstall; reinstall" I thought I'd add what my client's issue was to potentially save you time and googling purposes.

Client had downloaded latest VPN client version (6.2 something in my case, as of this posting) onto her machine. Tried to connect to Foritgate VPN gateway, which resulted in client experiencing "Connecting" but never completing the VPN connection.  Connecting to the VPN failed. Traffic sniff on the gateway indicated client never even initiating a connection.

Solution was to upgrade her MacOS.  MacOS was version 10.11, minimum required 10.12.  Client upgraded to 10.15, and Forticlient VPN software worked as expected.

The reason I post this, is because I just made the assumption her OS was up to date and met requirements, and I wasted a bit of time troubleshooting the issue because of this over sight.

tl;dr Check your MacOS version and make sure it's up to date.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
logangillespie
New Contributor

I have the same issue. 

LBM
New Contributor III

Same issue here.

kladda
New Contributor

Anyone with any idéas ? :\

asmkaiser

Just solved the problem

Uninstalled the existing forticlient. do not delete. there is an uninstall icon use that to remove completely

Then reinstall. It worked for me

Pittstate
New Contributor II

I realize that this is resurrecting a dead topic; however, since the best solution here was "uninstall; reinstall" I thought I'd add what my client's issue was to potentially save you time and googling purposes.

Client had downloaded latest VPN client version (6.2 something in my case, as of this posting) onto her machine. Tried to connect to Foritgate VPN gateway, which resulted in client experiencing "Connecting" but never completing the VPN connection.  Connecting to the VPN failed. Traffic sniff on the gateway indicated client never even initiating a connection.

Solution was to upgrade her MacOS.  MacOS was version 10.11, minimum required 10.12.  Client upgraded to 10.15, and Forticlient VPN software worked as expected.

The reason I post this, is because I just made the assumption her OS was up to date and met requirements, and I wasted a bit of time troubleshooting the issue because of this over sight.

tl;dr Check your MacOS version and make sure it's up to date.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors