Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tgalla010
New Contributor

Fortigate 60D - Switched from Windstream (T3200) to Spectrum (Arris TM1602) = slow

Hey everyone,

I just switched us over from Windstream to Spectrum. When I directly connect to the Arris modem, I get 400MB download speeds from my Macbook using the speedtest.net app. When I wire up the 60D (Wan1) the interface is showing 1000MB on the interface. Connecting to port 2 on the switch with nothing else connected, speedtest shows 35MB. The kicker is that the same setup on the Windstream modem and same test pulls 100MB down. 

There have been no configuration changes on the 60D. I'm running 5.2.12 and No PPPOE. DHCP only. 

Watching the CPU during the download tests, it does hit 50% but that's as high as I've seen it go. I consider myself a novice with the 60D. I inherited the unit and am learning...Cisco background here. 

1 REPLY 1
MattM
New Contributor

Check out this thread: https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=162937

There seems to be an issue with 60Ds and certain modems.  

I have a 60D that is only getting 80mbps on a 160mbps cable modem connection.  I also have 60Ds on 250/250 fibre that can handle the full speed (no filtering of course).  I think there is some compatibility issue with the 60Ds and some brands of modems.  My solution is the replace the 60Ds with 60Es so I'm not too concerned.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors