Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
simonfili
New Contributor

High level architecture question

Hi all,

I'm helping on a projet in Africa and need some guidance to choose the right mix of products.

I need to attach a school to the internet (2 fiber connections) and also have 4 campus always connected with VPN to the main campus.  I need aggregation and firewall / content control to AD groups

Here's what I have in mind:

[ul]
  • 1) Main campus[ul]
  • Something like a FortiWan to aggregate 2 fiber link from 2 different provider.  If possible a  4G link for backup.  The capacity of those links are low (and costly) from 2 to 10 Mbps.  Stability is also low, thus the need to aggregate 2 links and have a backup on 4G in case of failures of the fiber network.[ul]
  • Question: do I really need a Fortiwan for this or a Fortigate can do Wan aggregation.[/ul]
  • I also need a good firewall, to control content, site blocking, bandwith control depending on AD groups.[/ul]
  • 2) 4 small remote campus[ul]
  • Those campus, would need to be connected to the main campus server infra.  I only want to have networking equipments at those campus.  They would have 1 fiber and have a always ON VPN connected to the main campus.[/ul][/ul]

So I think I need something like a Fortiwan + Fortigate at the main campus. Fortigate at each of the remote campus.

Suggestions, models to explore or any other tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon

• 0 REPLIES 0
    Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors