Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
capricorn80
New Contributor II

No dhcp release showing under Monitor and also tried with CLI

Hi!

I am running v5.4.4,build7650. Yesterday I was able to see dhcp release for addresses. Today I created two new subinterfaces under port 3 with two more vlans and assigned DHCP release to these vlans and then created a zone for these three subinterfaces for internet access.

I just checked under Monitor -> DHCP release but I dont see any thing under that. I made sure that no filter is on and also remove the two new vlans interfaces and just kept the one which was there yesterday but still I dont see release IP.

I can see that client does the IP address in this VLAN.

Any tip?

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I would check through release notes for 5.4.5-5.4.9. You might find a bug fix in one of those.

capricorn80

Thanks. Just had quick look but didnt find anything. I did see arp table showing devices connected to one of the VLAN where dhcp is running.

capricorn80
New Contributor II

Thanks zhunissov4.

Beleive me or not. I saw your msg and went to office and the plan to test all the outputs BUT when I logged on I saw dhcp release showing up in dhcp monitor. I was surprised like hell. No one did anything.

I am setting up these firewall and they not fully in production. Can you think of any thing that could be the cause of this?

As I said I created VLAN and setup the Dhcp and then created zone and then ACL for the rule and then I checked my dhcp release and nothing was there.

I deleted the Zone and created the ACL for just one VLAN to test and the dhcp release was not showing up.

Can it be something related to Zone?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors