Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jandal
New Contributor

Slow Internet

Hi,

Good day!

We have a Fortinet 100E  here on our office, but we experience a slow connection even we have a 40Mbps bandwidth DIA. 

Status of my devices:

CPU: 7%

Memory: 32%

Session: 3702

SPU: 13%

nturbo: 4.7%

WAN1: 

Inbound: 2Mbps

Outbound: 1.5Mbps

WAN2:

Inbound: 5.5Mbps

Outbound: 9.5Mbps

My testspeed: 

Download: 3.03Mbps

Upload: 6.9Mbps

Can someone help me to identify or analyze why we have a slow connection.

Thank you

13 REPLIES 13
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

This thread might help you:

https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?tree=true&m=164471&mpage=1

I would check the duplex mismatch first though.

jandal

You mean Application Control under Security Profiles?

ahmedsf
New Contributor

Hi,

Have you enabled the application control in the policies? Application control slowed down the internet speed.

Check and let me know.

Regards,

Syed

jandal
New Contributor

Hi Sir, 

You mean the Application Control under Security Profiles.

Regards

Jerry A.

jandal
New Contributor

Hi Sir, 

You mean the Application Control under Security Profiles

Regards

Jerry A.

ahmedsf
New Contributor

Hi,

Application control is a feature under security profile. I need to know, if you have enabled the application control in policy.

Regards,

jandal
New Contributor

Yes it is enabled in my device,

ahmedsf

See, if application control is enabled in the proxy policy, it is natural that the speed will slow down because the request first gets filtered through the application control and then process. It heavily depends on the number of users, sessions and the number of applications in the control list.

If you want to test how your internet connectivity and speed is performing, remove the application control feature from the policy and after office hours (once users are gone) try browsing the sites and run the speedtest and see the difference.

If you have good number of users, try upgrading your firewall with the higher model.

Regards,

jandal
New Contributor

Okay will do that, regarding with the users, in our daily users we have a 90+ users in complete for a day.

With that, what model can you recommend to us, also if we can upgrade our bandwidth, you think it is helpful?

Thank you

Jerry A.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors