Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tamispa
New Contributor

Want to setup a second ISP connection just for backing up our servers

We have outsourced our servers to a local data center and have a 201E FG running 5.6.3 there using their internet, but when we run our backups it is maxing out the bandwidth they are allocating us.  We were allowed to bring in 150mb FIOS connection of our own and we only want backups of the servers to Azure.    I am new to this w/little training on a strict budget so want to know the best way to do it.  My sysadmin plugged it into WAN2 port and I configured it for the fios network's address with no static route yet.  But when I did that, something happened and it picked up DHCP instead of the ip address I configured, and pretty much shut the network down til I could get over there and unplug the FIOS ethernet.   I would have put it in to LAN2 instead of WAN2, but not sure the steps to take to configure it.  I was going to configure in the same vdom as the servers on lan2, and set static route for any traffic to Azure, from the server subnet, go out LAN2, and then configure the appropriate policies.   Where can i find instructions for that or am I on the right path.  Trying to find it in the documentation and can't find much.  

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors