Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
roadhouse1387
New Contributor

L3 Connectivity issue over HA link - 1500D

Hi All,

following on from a previous post which a started in the wrong forum, I have a strange HA issue between a pair of 1500D's

A little more info...

Both units have a basic out of the box config with a management address on MGMT1 , a gateway configured in 'route static' for the management interface and vdoms enabled.

They are configured in a HA A-P cluster and the output from 'get system ha status' does show that the cluster has formed and shows both units on both sides of the cluster however, there is no synchronization happening.

Having had a look at the arp table, I can see that ARP's are being learned in both directions (169.x.x.x) but I cant ping between them in either direction. When I try this on my lab virtuals, the ping works.

if I debug the hasync traffic its clear that neither side can forward traffic to each other so the sync fails. I can see <WARN> error in the output which confirms to path to 169.x.x.x. isnt there. Which is odd as the links between the boxes are a pair of direct cables with nothing in the middle.

If anyone can shed some light on this I would be grateful

Many Thanks

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors