Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
olop
New Contributor

Block Youtube on Google Chrome not work

Hi All,   I have a fortigate 800D, firmware v6.0.1. I want to block youtube. I try to block with application control, and QUIC i set "Block". Blocking youtube is working on IE and Firefox. But on Chrome is not working. Can anyone help me for this problem?
5 REPLIES 5
sdybelgium
New Contributor

Hi,

Did you solve the problem.

we have the same problem here.

It worked for years and now it doesnt.

It even doesnt log the youtube usage.

I added a application block and when im in IE it blocks and logs the attempt.

When im in chrome it just doesnt block and doesnt log the usage.

Regards,

David

copycon

I have the same problem, I saw in the log (client access youtube by Ios App and the block_youtube rule catched the flows but the action is allow..... (instead block)?

You should create new service (UDP 443) and put it above block_youtube rules... The problem will be solved.

parinshah

Yep, I have the same issue.

Nishad
New Contributor III

This is the issue with the firmware v6.0.0.  I too had faced the same issue, for the workaround, I have created a web filter profile with the website's allowed along with all category in the block state and allow the urls that you want to allow in static url list.

This is work for me. I keep this same setting under observation for 24 hours and found that on some systems youtube is opening on crome but the video was not buffered as it was denied by media streaming category(in backend). 

Regards,

Nishad

Regards, Nishad
hmtay_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello,

g

Was deep-inspection enabled for the policy? Would you be able to do a packet capture and send it to me? I can take a look at it and see what's wrong? If the signature works for IE and Firefox, it should have worked on Chrome too. If deep-inspection is enabled, it could be TLS 1.3 that causes the missed detection.

Homin

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors