Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cylemmulo
New Contributor

Fortigate 500E Active-Active Transparent mode

Good afternoon. 

I'm attempting to do a setup with active-active 500E fortigates that have two ten-gig etherchannels going to two different switches. I've got 2x ten gig ports per firewall, so I'm seeing if it's at all possible to set this up. X1 on the primary and slave setup to go to switch A, and X2 on the primary/slave going to switch B in aggregates.

From the look of it, I wasn't able to get an aggregate setup on the fortigate to negotiate with the switch. One side would always give me an issue whether setting my switch (cisco 3850) to active or on. However, if I set the port up as a trunk, the only way I was able to get traffic to pass through the switch was setting the ports up as redundant ports, which defeats any extra bandwidth needs I want it for.

Does anyone know if this is a possible setup?

Side question: I assumed if the ports were left default, transparent would pass everything I'm trunking in. However it's seemingly only passing my traffic if I have the vlan set on both ingress/egress ports. This might make sense except setting a bunch of vlans on ports is a very lengthy process and doesn't seem to be designed to do this. 

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors