Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
chanito
New Contributor

How to setup port mirroring on FortiSwitch 248 with FortiGate 300D?

Hi,

I am currently managing FortiSwitch 248 using FortiGate 300D's web interface (v. 5.4.5).  I have connected a monitoring system in the FortiSwitch but I cannot seem to find a way of configuring port mirroring feature through the FortiGate 300D (v.5.4.5).  Am I just blind or is this not possible?  If this is not possible using FortiGate's web interface, then how do I make this happen?  I can see that from v.6.0, you can use the CLI commands to setup the port mirroring on the FortiSwitch, but I cannot find any information under v.5.4.5...  Your help on this is much appreciated.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
AQ
New Contributor II

There is no way by the GUI interface, you have to do it on the switch by CLI conected from the Fortigate, but in this case if you change de configuration of the mirror ports the mirror configuration is lost

chanito
New Contributor

Thanks AQ.

Using FortiGate 300D v.5.4.5 CLI interface, would you happen to know the CLI command(s) to:

[ul]
  • Connect to a FortiSwitch from FortiGate CLI interface?  I assume you would SSH to FortiGate and run a CLI command to connect to a FortiSwitch, right?
  • Check the current port mirroring configuration in a FortiSwitch?[/ul]

Thanks in advance.

• AQ
    New Contributor II

Hi! Yes!

Look into Managed Fortiswtich the ip address that you wan to connecto (doble click on it)

Then you have two opticon, make IPv4 policy that allow you to reach the fortiswich via GUI o in Fortigate console write "execute telnet <ip address of the switch>"

Once you have loged in... write

config switch mirror

edit 1

<hare goes all configuration about the mirror, eg: in port dst port>

end

And thats all!

I hope this is useful!

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors