Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Tindrli
New Contributor

Issues with Facebook blocking

i created Application control profile for blocking Facebook and all it's sub-apps. The question I have is, when i created this profile, under first app listed i have warning sign with msg. "parameters required" I have not idea what parameters I should put here. 

When i test a policy with this profile, it works as intended but only on IE. Chrome and Firefox ignore this policy and Facebook is working. Can anyone tell me how to block Facebook and what's the deal with different browsers and what's this "parameters required" message about?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
RyanYap_FTNT
Staff
Staff

You should enter the AppName you would like to block as a parameter. The AppName can be obtained from the URL of the Facebook game page

For example:

Let's use 8 Ball Pool on facebook. When you click on the game, it brings you the game page where the URL is https://apps.facebook.com/livepool/?ref=br_rs

So in this case, the AppName is livepool. This is the string you need to put it as the paramter to the signature Facebook_AppName. Simply click edit parameter and use "," separate the app names if you want to block multiple app name.

This feature requires deep-inspection so make sure you have that too.   

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors