Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Navid
New Contributor

internal switch mode to interface: Error code -23

Hello,

I want to change internal switch mode to the interface, I set with commands and I have an error on it.

Commands:

config system global

set internal-switch-mode

end

Y to reboot

Now I have this error:

interface internal is in use

attribute set operator error, -23, discard the setting command fail.

Return code -23

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Navid.

2 REPLIES 2
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

As it says you're using internal interface. Remove all references like policies, zones, static routes, etc., and DHCP server. Then remove IP (change it to 0.0.0.0/0). You should be able to change the mode after that.

sw2090
Honored Contributor

you don't need to remove ip but any other references (you could look them up on gui). And yes gui shows dhcp server als part of the interface setup but in fact it is not. So this is a reference too!

Btw: since FOS 5.4 you do no longer need to switch modes. Since 5.4. you could simply delete the vswitch interface after you removed all references and you will be back to single interfaces again.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors