Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
EduardoGuedes
New Contributor

Expansion problem LVM

Hello Good Morning.

Someone has already gone through the situation described below.

FortiAnalyzer, it was not partitioned by the team that manages our VM correctly the following error occurred. According tho the attachment. 

1 0 4096 ram0 1 1 4096 ram1 1 2 4096 ram2 1 3 4096 ram3 7 0 10240 loop0 8 0 524288000 sda 8 1 524288 sda1

How do I enter the settings again for expansion in LVM?

3 REPLIES 3
brazz_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hey, 

Can you  please run 

execute lvm info

Have you seen this KB ? 

Extending disk space in FortiAnalyzer VM / FortiManager VM

Thanks 

EduardoGuedes

Yes I saw this KB, but the partitions were not created.

I have already executed the execute lvm start command. But it still had no effect

Thanks for the feedback.

FortiAnalyzer

FAZVM64 # execute lvm info LVM Status: Not-Started

Disk1 : Unavailable 0GB Disk2 : Unavailable 0GB Disk3 : Unavailable 0GB Disk4 : Unavailable 0GB Disk5 : Unavailable 0GB Disk6 : Unavailable 0GB Disk7 : Unavailable 0GB Disk8 : Unavailable 0GB Disk9 : Unavailable 0GB Disk10 : Unavailable 0GB Disk11 : Unavailable 0GB Disk12 : Unavailable 0GB Disk13 : Unavailable 0GB Disk14 : Unavailable 0GB Disk15 : Unavailable 0GB

I do not know if you put YES, something can happen, the machine is in production and we already have customers, would you let me know if I will lose information?

execute lvm start? 

This operation will start managing disks using LVM. All the data on the log disk will be ERASED! Please backup your data before starting LVM. The unit will REBOOT. Do you want to continue? (y/n)

brazz_FTNT

Hey , 

Thanks for the update. 

[ul]
  • I would suggest  you create a back of the setting, logs, and generated Reports first. Though, this might not be even possible now since the disk is unavailable but worth trying. You may use this KB  Technical Note: Backup and restore FortiAnalyzer settings, logs and reports[/ul]

[ul]
  • And Yes for sure running an execute lvm start will erase your data. Please run :

get system status

get system performance 

diagnose hardware info

diagnose system print df 

[/ul]

[ul]
  • ALso check the logbrowse under  logview  to see  if you even have any logs. [/ul]

[ul]
  • Please be noted that FAZ/FMG VM requires at-least two virtual hard disks for logging and configuration purposes .  Please take a look into FortiAnalyzer VM Install Guide.[/ul]

Let me know if any of these help you in resolving this issue. 

Cheers

• Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors