Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Nicholas_Doropoulos
Contributor

Email Alerts

Hi everyone, 

Just a simple question about email alerts on fortigate. To my understanding, the necessary settings are the following:

config system email-server

set port 25

set server smtp.example.com

set authenticate enable

set username FortiGate

set password *************

end

config alertemail setting

set username fortigate@example.com

set mailto1 admin1@example.com

set mailto2 admin2@example.com

set filter category

set IPS-logs enable

end

My only question is this: where does one get the fortigate's email address from (fortigate@example.com)? Does every appliance come with its own email address, is it a case of putting the UTM's FQDN or what?

Thanks.

NSE5, CCSE, CCNA R&S, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, MTA Security, ITIL v3

NSE5, CCSE, CCNA R&S, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, MTA Security, ITIL v3
1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

It's not email address FGT has, but it's email address the SMTP server you use can accept as a source. If it's hosting "example.com" domain, it would accept email from "example.com" in the example on the manual.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

It's not email address FGT has, but it's email address the SMTP server you use can accept as a source. If it's hosting "example.com" domain, it would accept email from "example.com" in the example on the manual.

Nicholas_Doropoulos

Thanks, I don't think it would make sense otherwise.

Nicholas_Doropoulos

Further on the above Toshi, would you also happen to know how that can be configured with smtp.office365.com? 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors