Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
freber
New Contributor

Site-to-site subnets

Hi all,

Im trying to setup a site-to-site vpn between two 60E devices. On one end I finished the wizard without any problems, but on the other end I get some error regarding subnets (see pucture). But I dont see any conflicts my self. What can be wrong?

6 REPLIES 6
AK
New Contributor

We need more information.

What are the configured subnets on the site with the error ?

Regards

Andreas

freber
New Contributor

akrohn wrote:

We need more information.

What are the configured subnets on the site with the error ?

Regards

Andreas

There are non really. The internal interface looks like this 

freber
New Contributor

Or maybe there is...

There is a dmz on that net. is that something thats added by default? This is a brand new firewall and I havent added it myself. Can I just delete it?

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

The error should be obvious but the remote subnet  conflicts with a local subnet. Have you  ran thru and LOOK at all local subnets to see if any overlap?

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

freber wrote:

Or maybe there is...

There is a dmz on that net. is that something thats added by default? This is a brand new firewall and I havent added it myself. Can I just delete it?

You can just change the network number to something else you won't be using, i.e. 11.11.11.1/24. To make your life easier, you should always stray away from default IP addressing, so in the future you won't run across this again.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
AK
New Contributor

Your DMZ network is overlapping with your remote network.

Change the IP of the DMZ to 0.0.0.0/0 and disable it, when you don't need this interface.

Regards

Andreas

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors