Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ncfom
New Contributor

Acces logging to a device from a specific IP

Hello !

I want to allow logging to my fortigate90d from a specific IP address.

How to I do it ?

Thank you for your answers !

8 REPLIES 8
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

The Fortigate units are not log destinations. They will not collect logs from other sources.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
ncfom

Hello !

I think I was wrong with my question. Sorry

I want to log to my fortigate machine only from a specific IP. It is possibille ?

Thank you

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you mean "log in"?

ncfom

Yes, of course

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

"trusthost" is for that purpose. Go to GUI System->Administrators and enter into editting mode of "admin". Enable "Restrict login to trusted hosts" then enter IP subnets to those boxes. There are totally 10 available although you might not be able to see all in GUI.

Just be aware that once you started restricting accesses with trusthosts, FGTs would stop responding even pinging from other devices outside of those trusted hosts.

ncfom

Thank you for your answer.

I want to know how to configure this option.

For example if i have the external IP 88.77.66.xx and the internal IP 192.168.0.x

I want to log in only from this internal IP (192.168.0.x).

How to I mention this option ?

Submit Post

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

If you are talking about FG90D's external IP is 88.x.x.x and your PC is connected to the FGT at the internal interface w/ the 192.168.0.x, and want to log in to the FGT with 192.168.0.y, you can set "192.168.0.x/32" to trusthost1. Then no other device can access the same FGT.

ncfom
New Contributor

Hy !

Thank you for your answers.

I want to connect from a device that has IP intern 10.1.1.x and IP extern 89.74.61.xx.

What to I have to change in my settings in Fortigate (trust host) to have possibility to connect from this device ?

Thank you for your answers

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors