Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
maro584
New Contributor II

Exam NSE4

Hello I have started preparing to NSE4 Exam and most probablly I will choose Fortinet Network Security Expert 4 Written Exam—FortiOS 5.4.  and my questions is:

1. It is possible to pass an exam learning only from fortinet NSE institute e-learning course?

2. If I will choose Fortinet Network Security Expert 4 Written Exam—FortiOS 5.4. should I also learn:

FORTIGATE SECURITY 5.6.2\6.0 SELF-PACED

FORTIGATE INFRASTRUCTURE 5.6.2/6.0 SELF-PACED

1 Solution
bommi
Contributor III

I don't know for the NSE4 5.4 exam, but I passed the NSE5 FortiAnalyzer part last week using the NSE institute material only.

On Thursday I will try the NSE5 FortiManager exam for which I also trained only using the NSE institute material.

But I also have some practice in using Fortigate, FortiAnalyzer and FortiManager.

Hope that helps :)

NSE 4/5/7

View solution in original post

NSE 4/5/7
5 REPLIES 5
bommi
Contributor III

If you want to take the exam for fortios version 5.4 you should learn the 5.4 self paced training's.

The training's for 5.6.2 / 6.0 contain features and information not relevant for 5.4.

But why do you want to train for 5.4 and not for the newer ones?

Regards

bommi

NSE 4/5/7

NSE 4/5/7
maro584
New Contributor II

It is looking easier to have 60% for pass than 70% :)

maro584
New Contributor II

Hey guys what about question:

1. It is possible to pass an exam learning only from fortinet NSE institute e-learning course?

bommi
Contributor III

I don't know for the NSE4 5.4 exam, but I passed the NSE5 FortiAnalyzer part last week using the NSE institute material only.

On Thursday I will try the NSE5 FortiManager exam for which I also trained only using the NSE institute material.

But I also have some practice in using Fortigate, FortiAnalyzer and FortiManager.

Hope that helps :)

NSE 4/5/7

NSE 4/5/7
maro584
New Contributor II

The topic can be close, I have passed the exam and I have learn only from e-learning materials.

Thanks for all replies guys :)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors