Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Lionfresh
New Contributor

Cannot accessor or ping my fortigate 30D

Hello Experts,

I have a FortiGate 30D device at our remote location. I restarted the device by unplugging the power cord. Ever since I restarted the device I am unable to ping its IP address. Also, I am unable to access the GUI. Can someone please tell me how I can access the GUI or at least find out what is the new IP address if it has if it has changed? 

8 REPLIES 8
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Ask somebody on site who is connected to the internet to go to Google and search "what is my ip". Then read off the IP or email it to you.

Lionfresh

hello Toshi Esumi,

Thanks for your quick response.

Unfortunately, we currently don't have any internet at the location. that's why I restarted the FortiGate 30D. Our ISP SW connects to the FortiGate 30D and then from the FortiGate to our SW. My biggest concern now is, given that I cannot ping or access the FortiGate 30D then I suspect the office will not notice when the internet is back up. I don't think they will have internet. 

Toshi_Esumi

Call the ISP. They should be able to tell what IP they delivered and see (if it's up) via DHCP or PPPoE.

Otherwise, you need a dispatch who can access the 30D from LAN side or via usb (by knowing 30D doesn't have a console port).

Lionfresh

This is what I want to do.... how do I access the 30D from LAN side or via usb? this is what I would like to do. If i can do this is can easily restore the backup configuration.

Toshi_Esumi

Nothing different from accessing at the wan port from outside if you were able to do it before. Admin HTTPS access (or SSH) should be enabled on LAN interface by default unless you change the config. For USB, you need to have FortiExplorer installed on the laptop to hook up with the USB calble came within the shipping box. FortiExplorer should detect the 30D automatically when you hook up the cable and give you the same GUI just like accessing it via LAN interface.

From there you can upload a backup config file you saved before. Just be aware that it would reboot the FGT.

Lionfresh

Thanks again for your kind help but sorry for been a badger. I cannot access via the browser because it is not taking the IP address I used in the past. that is. let say for example.... in the past, like last week I used 10.10.10.1 to access the 30D GUI, I was able to do things etc. my SW automatically issues this IP address at the default gateway which would enable users to browse. This is the problem I am having now. I cannot access the GUI anymore. 

As for the fortiExplorer, the Fortinet website is only giving me the version for iOS. 

https://www.fortinet.com/support-and-training/support/product-downloads.html

How can I get the windows version

Toshi_Esumi

If you search on the internet you can find some sites offering free download for FortiExplorer for Win (2.6.1083 was one of them I found).

Toshi_Esumi

It's an online installer for that particular version. The official place to find it under https://support.fortinet.com/download and you need to have support service and you've registered your email address. Support for a 30D is relatively inexpensive per year. If you don't have it, you should get it.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors