Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dvid9976
New Contributor

"Any" option not available FG100E

hello there

I'm completely new to Fortigate, and have some very limited experience.

I configured a bunch of FG60E with very basic stuff, because they were meant to act like basic routers.

I used to configure an ANY ANY All sources All destinations Allways allow policy on those FG60E running 5.6.3

The thing is that I had to aply the same "router" config to a FG100E (again running 5.6.3), and there is no "any" interface option under IPV4 Policy.

Is that normal? or am I missing something.

thank you very much in advance

regards

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Have you tried turning on "Multiple Interface Policies" visibility under System->Feature Visibility? It's only for GUI visibility so you should still be able to configure "any" interfaces in policies with CLI.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Have you tried turning on "Multiple Interface Policies" visibility under System->Feature Visibility? It's only for GUI visibility so you should still be able to configure "any" interfaces in policies with CLI.

ede_pfau

You should be glad that at the moment you can't see this option.

As a good advice: try to avoid the 'any' interface. Basically, you lose control over which interface traffic is flowing, a nightmare if you need to debug. One or two explicit policies won't kill anyone.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
dvid9976

@Toshi Esumi you nailed it mate

I obviously did not tried that :) this any-any option is what I need at this stage.

I'm in the middle of a mass deployment for a customer, and Fortimanager is planned on later stages to configure all stuff and appropiated policies.

Thank you very much for your help!!

Best Regards

DA

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors