Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
davetech
New Contributor

What firmware to have

Hi, one and all!

I have not played with fortinet much and had a quick hunt around although not found my answers hence this.

If i had a fortigate 60E thats not supported, where do i go to find out:

- Where can i find where firmware versions are available ( i presume 6 is the latest, however only being a few days old, is that such a good idea )

- is there a path available for 5.4.1 to 6 ( or slightly below if more stable )

- Attempting an upgrade from the device, says your up to date, i expect because there is no support for the device.

- Can i even update it with no support, looking at the main site i cant find a download because there's no support

- is there any point carrying on with no support, would support of the device bring any further benfits?

so long and thanks for all the fish!

1 REPLY 1
Markus
Valued Contributor

Hi and welcome to the Forums. - Where can i find where firmware versions are available ( i presume 6 is the latest, however only being a few days old, is that such a good idea )

https://support.fortinet.com I wouldn't use 6.0 in Production, to many bugs and yes, not a good idea.   - is there a path available for 5.4.1 to 6 ( or slightly below if more stable )  http://cookbook.fortinet.com/sysadmins-notebook/supported-upgrade-paths-fortios/

- Attempting an upgrade from the device, says your up to date, i expect because there is no support for the device. Yes - Can i even update it with no support, looking at the main site i cant find a download because there's no support  No

- is there any point carrying on with no support, would support of the device bring any further benfits? What do you mean with support, just Hardware or also UTM? If you haven't any subscription, your not able to use most of the UTM features. Best

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors