Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bommi
Contributor III

FortiOS 6.0.1 is out!

NSE 4/5/7
19 REPLIES 19
bommi
Contributor III

I installed it to my fortiwifi-30e without problems.

NSE 4/5/7

NSE 4/5/7
rkhair
New Contributor

installed it on our 100d at our DC.. all seems okay so far.. will brave it for a bit longer before doing our main HQ lol

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Wow  so quick ;)

ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Dominic_Lange
New Contributor

Installed it on 2 separate 50E with SD-WAN. Both crashed after a while without console output. Not pingable and nothing in the crash-log. LEDs still blinking but is not reacting to console input.

First box had Interfaces and VPN Tunnels in SD-Wan and had some Performance SLA and it dies after 5-10 Minutes. Deleting Performance SLA could raise the time to die to about 1-3 hours.

Second box which has only 2 WAN as SD-WAN interfaces and only ping Performance SLAs dies after about 24 hours.

neonbit

Upgraded a FG201E from 6.0 to 6.0.1 and all is well. SSLVPN, IPSEC VPN all connecting correctly.

andrewbailey

Hello all, I’ve upgraded a 60E to 6.0.1. Since the update the FortiView “Bytes (Sent/ Received)” counters seem to have gone wrong. For example I have one Rasberry Pi which is indicating over 817GB sent during a 24 hour period (normally it would send perhaps 5 GB and it’s config and status haven’t changed). Other devices seem to be reporting similarly high data volumes, while others look relatively normal. The Raspberry Pi is sending mainly UDP packets so it’s possible it’s just UDP traffic volumes not being recorded correctly. The high data volumes are also being reported through to FortiCloud and FortiAnalyzer. However, the figures being reported can’t be correct. The VDSL service I use has 1000 GB per month cap. And the ISP is reporting “normal” useage of around 10 GB per day. Nothing like the FortiGate reported values. Anyone else seeing this? Anyone got any ideas of what I should check? Thanks in advance, Andy.
Dickie
New Contributor III

Installed on 61E - upgrading from 6.0 - almost daily entering conserve mode. Nothing has changed on the config and on 5.6.x and 5.4.x it was as solid as a rock.  YMMV But I would proceed with caution.

Richard
Richard
ericli_FTNT

Can you post or message me your crash log? I'm collecting feedback for new release. Thanks!

SMabille

Hi, 

Confirmed, except not only UDP. I got 50Gb of ping reported in last 24 hours, so ICMP affected too.

HTTP+HTTPS (TCP) reporting about 80Gb of traffic for last 24Hrs while "real" total amount (as per ISP stats) is about 20Gb.

So looks like all protocol affected.

Wondering if traffic is counted as  number of packets*mtu, which would explain why some protocols looks more affected than others.

Andy Bailey wrote:
Hello all, I’ve upgraded a 60E to 6.0.1. Since the update the FortiView “Bytes (Sent/ Received)” counters seem to have gone wrong. For example I have one Rasberry Pi which is indicating over 817GB sent during a 24 hour period (normally it would send perhaps 5 GB and it’s config and status haven’t changed). Other devices seem to be reporting similarly high data volumes, while others look relatively normal. The Raspberry Pi is sending mainly UDP packets so it’s possible it’s just UDP traffic volumes not being recorded correctly. The high data volumes are also being reported through to FortiCloud and FortiAnalyzer. However, the figures being reported can’t be correct. The VDSL service I use has 1000 GB per month cap. And the ISP is reporting “normal” useage of around 10 GB per day. Nothing like the FortiGate reported values. Anyone else seeing this? Anyone got any ideas of what I should check? Thanks in advance, Andy.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors