Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
LarW63
New Contributor III

FMG v5.4.5 - No indication when a Policy is Disabled

Hi,

We recently upgraded Fortimanager VM from v5.4.3 to v5.4.5.  While v5.6.x is in the plan, we haven't started our testing yet.

One thing we noticed with FMG v5.4.5 is that there isn't any indication when a policy is Disabled.  It looks the same as enabled policies.

In FMG v5.4.3, a disabled policy had both a Red 'X' and the policy line information appeared "greyed out".

Has anyone else noticed this?  Is there a work around?

Thanks for your time.

Larry

1 Solution
LarW63
New Contributor III

Hi,

Discovered a work-around with FMG v5.4.5.

First, in FMG v5.4.3 I was in the habit of using Interface-Pair view with Custom Column Settings prior to the upgrade.  Once upgraded to v5.4.5, this problem surfaced. 

With v5.4.5, Interface-Pair View isn't available if you have a Policy set to Any as an Interface.  Also, there wasn't a Seq# column shown.  So, I went into Column Settings, Reset to Default and the Seq# column reappeared.

Now, for Disabled Policies, there's a Red 'X' Circle indicator in the Seq# column.  While the Policy itself didn't grey out like in v5.4.3, having the Red 'X' showing is sufficient.

Regards,

Larry

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
chall_FTNT
Staff
Staff

This was recorded as bug id 435757.  The issue was fixed in 5.6 starting in 5.6.0.

Bug Summary: There is no visual indication when a policy is disabled and no way to sort rules by enabled/disabled

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
chall_FTNT

Although there is no forecast yet as to when another patch will be released for FortiManager 5.4, if you need a fix in 5.4 for this issue, you would need to open a support ticket.

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
LarW63
New Contributor III

Hi,

Discovered a work-around with FMG v5.4.5.

First, in FMG v5.4.3 I was in the habit of using Interface-Pair view with Custom Column Settings prior to the upgrade.  Once upgraded to v5.4.5, this problem surfaced. 

With v5.4.5, Interface-Pair View isn't available if you have a Policy set to Any as an Interface.  Also, there wasn't a Seq# column shown.  So, I went into Column Settings, Reset to Default and the Seq# column reappeared.

Now, for Disabled Policies, there's a Red 'X' Circle indicator in the Seq# column.  While the Policy itself didn't grey out like in v5.4.3, having the Red 'X' showing is sufficient.

Regards,

Larry

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors